Re: frame size hints - for Wine

On Wednesday 29 of January 2003 00:02, Mike McCormack wrote:
> Yeah, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for... I just
> downloaded enlightenment to try it out (I think I'll use it too ;-).  It
> would be nice to have something like that in the spec. I wonder if any
> other window managers implement similar things?

 KWin has _KDE_NET_WM_FRAME_STRUT, which seems to be just like _E_FRAME_SIZE,
at least if I understand the stuff correctly (it's been there since a long
time, I don't know it at all). I even don't know what is it used for.

> Mike
>
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > i agree it would be good to have such a hint... :)
> >
> > i don't think it's bad design... there isn't a reason NOT to provide this
> > info... in fact Enlightenment does. the _E_FRAME_SIZE property is set on
> > the client window (and updated whenever the border padding sizes change)
> > to let the app know how big the frame is on the top, bottom, left and
> > right borders (the

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/