Re: Lots of _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN issues ...

Thu Feb 13 2003, Gerd Knorr wrote:

> xawtv does alot of magic when entering and leaving to fullscreen mode,
> some of this is gone now.  Just from reading the spec it isn't clear
> what exactly _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN is supported to do and what
> happens in certain situations.  Here is a (hopefully complete) list
> of these problems:

I've had the same questions/problems with ogle and fullscreen
As I understand it STATE_FULLSCREEN should maximize the window without
borders to the current "physical" screen and put it on top,
unless the window manager is configured otherwise.

>  (4) According to Havoc Pennington _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN implies
>      _NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE.  Is that true?  The specs don't say something
>      about this, and it seems not to work.  At least I get complains
>      from users that the gnome panel is still visible in fullscreen
>      mode ...

I don't remember exactly what was the problem but I had this with ogle also.
I think it was an old version of sawfish that handled the gnome panel
incorrectly (unless this is because the user has specified that the panel
should always be on top).

/Björn