Re: frame size hints

Havoc> I'm not sure exactly what AWT is doing with this information; I
Havoc> think it may support setting the size of the window including
Havoc> its frame.

There's a nice diagram here that might help:

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/awt/Window.html

I don't know what Sun's implementation does under the hood.  But
basically in AWT all components are serializable; you can save and
restore them automatically.  The size and location of top-level
windows is no exception.  I hope this helps; I don't see where WM
decoration fits into the picture as a problem, but I assume it does.

Tom