Re: move/resize handling again

Dominik Vogt wrote:

How unfortunate that the new version just tries to
enforce the imagined "right way" of handling the win_gravity in
configure requests.  I had at least hoped that it is somewhere
mentions that most windows managers and clients traditionally do
not follow this "rule".  Sigh, I guess I have to continue to
ignore much of the EWMH spec in order to write a felxible window
manager.

Sorry, I just don't see how this is going to work.

Either the EWMH and/or the ICCCM conflict and one of them (EWMH?) is broken, or your window manager is.

A "legacy" mode (ignoring parts of ICCCM and/or EWMH) is unfortunatelly not possible since there is no way to identify applications that are not ICCCM/EWMH compliant.

One thing would really help if "twm" (as shipped by XF86) was audited
(and fixed) for compliance. I did some test some time ago when fixing these issues in icewm (it now behaves mostly like metacity) and there are basically as many behavior as there are window managers.

Regards,
	Mark