[Vala] state of the art in vala code-completion?

Hi everyone, I've just subscribed to the list, but I've been following vala
development for some time.  Lately I've found myself toying with the vala
parser and scanner.  I've been doing a few experiments on generating
auto-completions.  I've had a brief look at the old libafrodite, vala-toys
for gedit and the newer guanako/valama.  Unless I'm much mistaken, the
vala-autocompletion solutions that have existed so far have been fairly
basic.  Libafrodite appears to have worked, but it seems not to be
maintained anymore?

I'd like to do some hacking and contribute to a better
autocompletion/refactoring solution.  Just not sure where to invest my
time.  I'm certainly prepared to write the code from scratch (that's what
I've been doing so far).  But I thought I'd just check before I
accidentally re-invent the wheel.

Does anyone out there know what is currently the most promising solution
for vala code intelligence?  How far along is it in terms of
features/stability?

All the best,
-Nick