[Vala] How does IOError.from_errno works?

I would like to convert errors coming from some bindings to appropriate
IOError using errno codes.

http://valadoc.org/#!api=gio-2.0/GLib.IOError.from_errno

I have tried the following:

        throw IOError.from_errno (this.err.get_error ());

But I get the following complication error:

        src/vsgi/fastcgi.c:1170:10: erreur: incompatible types when
        assigning to type ‘struct GError *’ from type ‘GIOErrorEnum’
           _tmp7_ = g_io_error_from_errno (_tmp6_);

Is it a bug?

Thanks in advance!

--
Guillaume Poirier-Morency <guillaumepoiriermorency gmail com>