Re: [Vala] Question regarding passing a strings as arguments to a method

It is correct in a sense, but again it is misleading.

- A C++ programmer might interpret it as: f(std::string s), which
implies a copy, as opposed to: f(std::string& s).
- A Visual Basic programmer might interpret it as : f(ByVal test As
String) which is obviously not what is intended.

I am not saying, the documentation in inaccurate, I a merely pointing
out the fact that uses an ellipsis, therefore it is concise, but
ambiguous and can be misleading.

"By reference" means the address of the variable, not of the object.

Ok, but then it worth saying so explicitly to lift the ambiguity.

Sincerely,
Serge.