From: Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com>
Date: Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 5:05 PM
Subject: Talk: Vala? Are you kidding me??
To: crossdesktop lists fosdem org

Speaker's Name: Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)

Title of talk: Vala? Are you kidding me??

Short abstract:  Vala is a programming language that aims to bring
modern programming language features to GNOME developers without
imposing any additional runtime requirements and without using a
different ABI compared to applications and libraries written in C.
Although Vala is a very awesome language and have been around for a
few years already, people are still either scared of it and/or still
think of it as highly unstable. In this talk, the speaker will attempt
to alleviate these fears and shed some light on the most useful
features of this language by sharing a short summary of his two years'
experience with this language. Common pitfalls in the Vala world and
ways to avoid them will also be discussed in this talk.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124