Re: [Vala] GObject allocation / referencing... Why is so slow?

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Marco Trevisan (Treviño)
<mail 3v1n0 net> wrote:
[...]
I guess that a gobject structure is really more complex compared to the
ones defined by Dova (or by simple C), but if Vala has these
performances, due to GObject mamangement, even the (evil) Mono C# seems
to be better (code attached, ported from the Vala syntax).

Not surprising. C#'s memory management model and JIT can lead to very
good performance. There are other relevant reasons to choose Vala over
C#, but speed is not one of them. :)

By the way.. "evil"? puh-lease... Technology itself can never be evil.
It's always people. Don't spread hate on this list while I'm reading
it.