Re: [Vala] string <-> bytes conversion in Vala

On 12/23/2010 09:37 AM, Anatol Pomozov wrote:
Hi,

I manipulate with strings in my application such as storing/reading
to/from binary files. And I need to convert a string to/from array of
bytes. What is the best way of doing it in Vala?

Looking into string class http://valadoc.org/glib-2.0/string.html I
see a method called string#to_utf8() that converts string to array of
chars. But I cannot find any other methods.

The '.data' property of a string gives you the string as byte array
(uint8[]).

Best regards,

Frederik