[Vala] What's in the name Vala?

Hi Vala Team!

I just discovered Vala a few days ago - but I found it very interesting
(clean syntax, reference counting based memory management allowing RAII,
easy integration with C code).

So I decided to write a brief introduction to Vala (in french) for my
students: easy installation for Debian (using apt), the hello world
borrowed from the Gnome web site, and certainly a short program
demonstrating some features of the language such as OOP and closures.
Just to have the feeling of that language.

Anyway,  I have a trivia question on my mind: where did the name "Vala"
come from?

Best regards,
Sylvain