[Vala] Make an object serializable over dbus?

Hi folks!

I'm wondering about making an object serializable over dbus, so it can be
directly passed to (or returned from) a method on a dbus service. For what
I'm doing I can (and do) use a struct in between, but it would be nice to
have a full class sitting on top of that on both ends. I can have a fancy
constructor and a serialize method, but it would be way cool for the system
to do this magically. There are some sophisticated objects like
Gee.HashTable that support dbus serialization, so I suspect there may be
something. Anyone know where? :)

Dylan