[Vala] Problem installing vtg under Debian Sid

When attempting to install vtg under Debian Sid , I get the following error
message:

afrodite library dependencies not met:
    libvala-0.12 >= 0.11.0: not found
configure: error: afrodite library dependencies not met: please install the
required packages and run configure again

Yet the I have installed the latest version of libvala :

serge2 debian:~/Downloads/vala-toys$ ls /usr/local/lib/libvala
libvala-0.14.la        libvala-0.14.so        libvala-0.14.so.0
libvala-0.14.so.0.0.0

There seems to be an error in the "config" script.

- version of Vala I have installed : vala-0.13.1.tar.bz2
- version of vtg which does not "configure" :  vtg-0.12.0.tar.bz2

Is there a way around this ?

PS: I have tried the latest version of vtg from the repository with the same
result.

Serge.