[Vala] Which Linux distribution is used for developing vtg (Vala toys for gedit) ?

Which Linux distibution is used for developing vtg (Vala toys for gedit) ?

Personally, I prefer Ubuntu, and more specifically Ubuntu LTS ("long time
service", since it is supported for a couple of years and is therefore ideal
for servers).

   - Using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, I managed to install the version before-last of
   vtg, but not the latest.
   - On a separate distribution, I installed the latest version of Ubuntu
   (11.04). In that version, the latest versions of Vala and libgee are
   available as packages, however only the version-before-last of vtg is
   available (and the latest won't even install from source, because of unmet
   dependencies relatively of he version of gtk+-3 required).

Advantages expected from a more conservative approach:

   1. Would it not be preferable to use a less recent version of of GTK, so
   that more conservative (also more stable) distributions of Linux can benefit
   from it as well?
   2. On what system is vtg developed (Debian "unstable, I guess") ?
   3. A more conservative approach relatively to the version of GTK involved
   would not only benefit more conservative distributions of Linux, but also
   users making use of Vala / vtg under Linux ports such as:
   4.
      - Macports (Linux port for Mac). N.B: Unlike Vala or libgee, vtg won't
      compile under MacPorts (and is not available as a MacPort
package either),
      which is a pity since Vala is available on that system.
      - Cygwin or Mingw for Windows.

   5. The benefit of such an approach would be to increase the potential
   user base for Vala (a lot of potential developers will not take a
   programming language seriously if it does not offer a development GUI
   comparable to Eclipse or QTDevelop, for fear of wasting time by constantly
   switching between the doc, the editor and the command-line).

Serge.