Re: [Vala] Unowned references to structures

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:03:05PM +0100, David Given wrote:
After a bit of thought I can see why this happens, as structures are
strictly pass-by-reference, but it nevertheless came as a surprise.
Given that the two cases look very similar but have decidedly different
semantics, is there any chance of getting an error if people use
'unowned' with a non-value type?

Unowned is just a shallow copy, maybe it should be better explained into
the documentation.

Also, before I give up and use pointers, is there any way of getting an
alias to a structure member?

No.

--
http://www.debian.org - The Universal Operating System