Re: [Vala] Question about vala-gen-introspect?

Hello,
                      في ث، 26-10-2010 عند 11:10 +0900 ، كتب Peng Huang:
Hello,

I am a newbie of vala. I am writing the vala binding for ibus project. I
want to ask if vala-gen-introspect can support annotations in header files.
Like use (transfer full) to mark the return value of function, to tell
v-g-i, the function will transfer the ownership of the return object to
caller. Are there any documents about it?
I hope this isn't too late :-)
vala-gen-introspect is based on an old version of gobject introspection
that doesn't support these annotations. The right way to bind libraries
that use these annotations is to run vapigen on the .gir file (they do
generate a .gir file, dont they?) to generate the vapi. This may not
always work since g-i is still in development and vala may be a bit out
of sync regarding it, it should be improved in the switch-to-gir branch
(allowing adding vala-specific .metadata in addition to the
annotations), but I'm not sure about the status of that branch.

HTH,
Abderrahim