Re: [Vala] Fail to generate C code for following vala code, is this a bug?

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:07:20AM +0800, PCMan wrote:
Hi list,
I tried to use Vala for the first time and the following code failed
to generate correct C code.
Is this a bug of vala or what's wrong with my code? (code is attached
to the end of this mail)
You define *_finish which is already defined by making the standard
functions async. Read
        http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Tutorial#Asynchronous_Functions

But Vala should probably report an error if one creates an async
function "f" and a function "f_finish"; instead of creating invalid
code.

In addition, if I want to override a virtual function in a parent
class with the prototype like this:
public virtual unowned GLib.List get_volumes ();

How can I return an unowned GLib.List in my override function? I tried
and tried but nothing works.

Something like this should work:
        public override unowned GLib.List get_volumes() {
                return list;
        }
You of course need a reference to the list somewhere in your
class.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.