[Vala] Genie, subclassing and some help!

Hi guys,

I am a programmer coming form python and I am trying to get to grips
with Genie. One problem I am having is as follows:

Say I have a class called Gerrard and to create a new version of this
class, I use the following:

var g = new Gerrard(arg1, arg2, arg3)

Now I wish to subclass Gerrard, into the class Terry. However I wish to
be able to create a new version of Terry as follows:

var t = new Terry(arg1, arg2, arg3)

How do I do this in Genie? In Python I would simply give the __init__
method the same arguments and then call Gerrard.__init__(self, arg1,
arg2, arg3). I have gathered from some people that it has to do with the
construct method and calling a 'base' function, however I am at a loss
at what to do.

Thankyou

--
Andrew