[Vala] compiling without header files

Hello,

I am trying to build the valencia plugin to gedit under the mac. However, it is quite a nightmare to install gedit from source with its many dependencies, so I am just planning to download the mac binary from the official website.

Since all the header file information is already encoded in the vapi files, I am wondering if it would be possible to compile based on the information in those files, and then just link against the dynamic libraries provided with the gedit binary? Maybe I can actually reconstruct the header files using the vapi files shipped with vala?

In general can vala compile without available C header files?

Thanks,
Celil