[Vala] Compilation errors when inheriting from Object

Hi,

Vala 0.9.3

I am having trouble compiling my program and I am not sure why.

This is what I am getting:

valac test.vala -C --pkg=test --vapidir=.
gcc test.c -c -I/LibGLib2:glib-2.0 -I. -o test.o
test.c: In function 'test_class_init':
test.c:131: error: 'TEST_NS_TYPE_TEST_TYPE' undeclared (first use in this function)
test.c:131: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
test.c:131: error: for each function it appears in.)

Where test.vala is:

using TestNS;

public class Test : Object
{
  public TestType TestProperty { get; set; }
}

public class Tester
{
  public static void main(string[] args)
  {
  }
}

...and test.vapi is:

namespace TestNS
{
  [CCode (cname = "testtype", cheader_filename = "test.h")]
  public struct TestType : uint { }
}

...and test.h is:

typedef unsigned int testtype;

It all seems OK when I am not inheriting from Object, however, this
is not a good solution because I want my class to implement an
interface which, as far as I know, means I need to inherit from
Object.

Any ideas why this does not work? Any solutions/workarounds?

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap