Re: [Vala] About sockets

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 15:47:31 +0200, Leoncio Gil wrote:
I am making a local server that can manage the works without configure the
IP on the clients, thanks to "broadcast". But I have a problem. I have make
a Python test app, but I don't found any equivalence of [setsockopt] to set
SO_BROADCAST in Vala (Gio). Any idea?.

I suppose you'll have to ask on the glib mailing list.

If it is imposible, any alternative to [.send_to] without the problem of
"access denied" that gives in the broadcast address.

Well, you can use the POSIX api directly, but the correct declaration for
setsockopt is still missing from posix.vapi too, so you'd have to add it
somewhere.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>