Re: [Vala] Building a build tool

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 10:34:05PM +0100, Phil Housley wrote:

One thing I'm thinking of trying next is having packaging as a part of
the build.  I think it would be interesting to have a unit, for
example, at src/debian, which depended on the application unit and
then built a package automatically, but there are all sorts of issues
like where to put support files - with the application, with the
package, or separately in a resource unit (current favourite.)

With my Debian package maintainer hat on, I kindly ask you _not_ to do that.

Upstream development and packaging for a distribution are two totally
separated affairs, and mixing them only leads to huge headaches and
duplication of efforts.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof kiyuko org>