Re: [Vala] Operator overloading

James Livingston wrote:

On 27/03/2009, at 9:24 AM, Maciej Piechotka wrote:
i * j = k
-j * i = k

k/i = j or -j?

Do you mean left-divide or right-divide? In the first equation you are
left-multiplying by i, the latter you are right-multiplying by i. "k /
i" is ambiguous as to which it means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternion#Conjugation.2C_the_norm.2C_and_division

Cheers,
     James

Yes. I mean that left-division is not equivalent of right-division.
There is something like left-division and right-division but not
division[1].

It might be different however in anglosaxon nomenclature.

Regards

[1] Similarly function f(x) = |x| is not differentiable in 0 - althought
it has left and right derivatives.

--
I've probably left my head... somewhere. Please wait untill I find it.
Homepage (pl_PL): http://uzytkownik.jogger.pl/