Re: [Vala] const pointers

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 06:20 -0700, Michael Lawrence wrote:
Is there any way in vala to specify 'const void*' / 'gconstpointer'? I
often get warnings from gcc, because 'void*' in vapi files translate
to gpointer, not gconstpointer.

If not, maybe 'void*' should be made 'const void* by default, just
like string becomes 'const char*'. To make a regular old 'void*' the
'#' operator could be used. I realize that's not ideal since '#' means
"transfer ownership", while there is no ownership of pointers, but it
is possible to make some analogies.

We don't support it at the moment, I'm leaning towards supporting
something like [Immutable] void* to achieve the desired effect.

Juerg