Re: [Vala] About regular expressions and pattern matching

Hi J-P,

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 17:07 +0300, jp0409 jippii fi wrote:
Thanks for a great language! I was wondering if you have plans to add
first class regular expressions? They should be relatively simple to
implement since the libs are there in Glib but they would make code much
easier to read compared to calling functions. Replacements based on
regular expressions could also be there like in Perl (and others).

I'm not sure whether this would really make code easier to read, it can
also have the opposite effect for people that don't know the syntax.
Anyway, we don't intend to extend the current syntax substantially in
the 0.3.x release cycle. We should discuss this after 1.0.

Jürg