Re: [Vala] reference management.

On 3/20/07, Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:
On Die, 2007-03-20 at 10:17 -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
> I think it would be just great to allow the user to specify an "expert
> mode" and allow him to do the ref unref by himself (just like GObject
> does, giving G.Object a method to do each action) and, at most, having
> the auto-unref-local-variables-unless-specified-otherwise.
>
> Basically it would mean the addition of the ref/unref methods and an
> option to set all references to weak.

You can disable automatic memory management in vala by using the
--disable-memory-management command-line option. I've also added ref and
unref methods to GLib.Object, so you can leak as much memory as you want
now ;)

Just to be sure, these (methods ref and unref) aren't available in the
current svn 249, are they ? if they are, I can't find a way to use
them in anyway...

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.