Re: [Vala] out, ref and GError parameters.

On Mit, 2007-03-14 at 18:10 -0300, Alexandre Moreira wrote:
I'd love to have pointer support, this is basically "THE" thing I miss
in Vala, not that I would use it that much... just that I like the
Error support in GLib and wouldn't feel like using an exception
handling mechanism ...

Could you explain why you wouldn't like try, catch, throw syntax for
GError?

If I'm allowed to ask: PLEASE, add pointer support :) It shouldn't be
the preferred way to do things but I'd love to have it available to
solve the problems one might face.

Yes, it probably makes sense, at least to make it easier to bind some
non-GObject libraries. I can imagine that parsing the pointer syntax
will be a bit tedious but the rest shouldn't be that hard.

Jürg