Re: [Vala] automake locations hard-coded?

On 05/12/2007, Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:

The reason why we distribute the generated C source and header files in
the vala tarball is to avoid that you need valac to build valac. That is
not really necessary for vapigen and vala-gen-project as they could use
the just built valac. We should probably change this in the build
system.

> Just patching the vala file (with the diff from SVN) seems to fix
> vala-gen-project, so it looks like the .{c,h} files should not be in
> the tarball.

This probably won't work if valac isn't already installed, e.g. on the
build server. It should work when doing something like

make VALAC=$PWD/compiler/valac

That would work.  The patch I'm currently applying patches the .c file as well, but in any case, presumably 0.1.6 could use the newly-built valac for vapigen and vala-gen-project by default? i.e. their Makefiles should use that VALAC setting.

Thanks,

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/