Re: [Utopia] Gnome Power Manager, updated screenshots

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 00:45 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 18:40 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 21:46 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > The "Put display to sleep" bits should probably be in gnome-
> > > screensaver's capplet.
> >
> > I'm opposed to that; Perhaps we want to link to the dialogs much like
> > the keyboard/mouse and a11y capplet does
> <snip>
> > How about that?
>
> That sounds alright.

Nice.

> > > That'd be 4 less sliders in the dialogue.
> >
> > Assuming we skip the combo box which I think is a bad idea :-)
>
> I still think it would be better to have them in separate tabs, but I
> really dislike the combo box. Is it an option, or is it just to hide
> things from the view because we couldn't fit it in one dialogue?

I don't know really. The idea is that g-p-m autoselects the option in
combo box according to the current state of the system.

What concerns me is e.g. showing timeouts for "put to sleep while
plugged in" while running on batteries which is an option that doesn't
change anything for the user while a novice user may think that is so.

Cheers,
David