Re: [Usability] GNOME 3 Usability Hackfest

On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 10:35 +0000, Charline wrote:
> > I would appreciate it if everybody who is planning on attending the
> > GNOME 3 Usability Hackfest could speak up and share their ideas of
> what
> > we should focus on while together, and what things each person plans
> > bring to the event or work on.

I'd like to look at how the Control Center will improve in GNOME 3.0. As
part of my work in Moblin, we have been designing and implementing a
single-window version of the control center shell, so that existing
capplets load within the same parent window. This work can be seen in
the single-window-shell branch of gnome-control-center on git.gnome.org.

I'd like to create a usability assessment of this new approach and also
look at the design of the wider range of capplets to see what could be
improved.

Regards,

Thomas