[Usability] Hackfest social activities

This message is primarily intended for those attending the Usability
Hackfest in London...

Hi all,

I've been working on organising the social side of the upcoming
Usability Hackfest. The plan comes in four parts...

1. First night meal (Monday 22nd February)

I think the Queen's Arms pub [1] could be the best place. It's a great
modern pub that does excellent beer and good food, and it's within
walking distance of the hackfest venue. There's a nice dining room that
we could use. Does that seem OK?!

It would be great if hackfest attendees could give me an indication of
whether they are going to attend the first night meal. I've added a
column to the attendees table on the hackfest wiki page [2] so you can
do that.

2. GNOME London Beer

London GNOMErs have regular(ish) social gatherings. It would be great to
tie a GNOME London Beer night in with the hackfest. It's tradition to
hold the London Beer nights on a Friday. Would that suit the hackfest
attendees?

3. Places to eat and drink during the hackfest

I've started putting a Google Map [3] together with some recommendations
for places to eat and drink during the hackfest. I'm happy to help
organise additional social activities during the week, if that's what
people want to do.

4. An exciting trip!

I've had a couple of ideas for trips to enlighten and inspire. The first
is the London Design Museum [4]. The second is an exhibition called
'Decode: Digital Design Sensations' [5], which is showing at the moment,
and looks highly relevant to the subject of the hackfest.

Would the hackfest attendees like to go on a trip like this? If yes,
when would be the best time to do it?

Allan

[1] http://www.thequeensarmspimlico.co.uk/
[2] http://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/London2010