Re: [Usability] User Shut Down damaged PC

I think the best solution would be an option in the Login Window (GDM)
preference tool to require an administrative password to reboot or
shutdown.  I thought such a thing already existed actually but couldn't
find it.

Here's another hack, do "chmod o-x /sbin/shutdown".  Not sure if it will
work or not-- does gdm use /sbin/shutdown command to shut down?

One more option: a little tool that blocks any attempt at shutdown or
reboot on the system as long as it's running. Not sure how to do
this without being pretty sneaky-- by cancelling any shutdown request
that happens?   Even if it catches SIGKILL, Gnome still lets you
TERMinate it with its force quit dialog box... Hmm...

Reed