Re: [Usability] tabs in GNOME

On 7 Mar 2007, at 20:37, Thilo Pfennig wrote:

Hello,
I have found that opening a new tab is often different:

* Epiphany: Ctrl+T
* Gedit: Ctrl+N (new document)
* Gnome-Terminal: SHIFT+Ctrl+T

I think this is really bad. I can understand we have different history but I really think this is the same action and so should have the same keyboard shortcut. What do you think? Maybe we even have more shortcuts for new tabs in GNOME?

Would appreciate it if you opened a bug against the HIG about this... I suspect the reason we didn't originally specify more about tab behaviour is because we didn't want to encourage their use (hoping that a tabbed window manager would come along at some point), but it's fairly obvious they haven't gone away and probably won't anytime soon.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team