Re: [Usability] starting Gnome

This is a gentoo configuration problem. These links would be helpful to you:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gnome-config.xml

But the quick solution is that you need to make sure you set the XSESSION variable in /etc/rc.conf so that the last line looks like this:

XSESSION="Gnome"

--
Karim Nassar