Re: [Usability] Sound Juicer 2 mockup comments

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 18:07 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> A CD-ROM can spin up fast enough to read audio sectors pretty fast, you
> probably won't really notice.

Ok, then I have one less reason ;).

> That is what most CD players do these days.

And that's just about it. I strongly believe we should try to adopt
things were there is a well known equivalent in the real world.

>  My old £80 Technics CD
> player remembered where you were in a disk if pressed Stop.  It's very
> useful: I stop it when I go shopping and when I get back hitting Play
> continues it as if I hadn't gone away.

That's unusual. Also, I do not feel that labeling the "Pause" button
"Stop" is an improvement. It doesn't add extra functionality, pause does
exist on players where "Stop" is "Pause and go back".

> Pressing the Eject or Pause button in the interface will unlock the
> drive, and of course Eject would also eject the disk.

What I meant is the eject button in front of your CD-ROM drive rather
than the (software) one in the interface. Will that also work?

-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |