Re: [Usability]"widget"

Why Havoc?  It was already stated that in "Human Computer Interaction"
the word defines the elemenets of the WIMP interface.  If it's good
enough for them, why is it not good enough for us?  I really do want to
know actually.  Is it just that you don't like the word because you
think it's silly or unprofessional?  It really seems that this is why
most people here don't like it, even if they try to hide that reason
behind a thousand different arguements.  What does this really come down
to?

Personally, I'm against using the word "control", but don't think that
we necessarily need to use the word "widget" either.  Here are my
reasons why: