Re: [Usability]Abstracting the Linux desktop

Abstracting the desktop is from my point of view essential and useful.
Only the word makes it look more complicated than it is. In essence:
-Make home folder humanly readable: /home/username -> "Username's home"
-Don't show root all the time, but still accessible in the same way.
Showing too much information the user rarely uses is not very effective.
-Show cd-rom, floppy, and other external devices in tree. Easy access is
what the user wants.

Non of this sounds stupid or hard to implement to me and does not break
any convention in any way. It just shows the information the user needs
in a more friendly and easier to access way. You could call is
abstraction but you could also call it simplicity.

greetz MM