Re: tny_device_force_online() result?

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 12:14 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 08:30 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > I guess that tny_device_force_online() is really just meant to _try_ to
> > go online, with no guarantee of success. And I wonder if it's meant to
> > block, or if its documentation should instead recommend a strategy for
> > responding to success or failure asynchronously.
> >
> > The GNOME platform implementation doesn't seem to do anything, but I'll
> > need to make this clear for the TnyMaemoConicDevice implementation.
>
> After talking on irc with Philip, I know now that this "force" stuff is
> not really meant to make/close actual connections.
>
> This patch documents that and improves the gnome and maemo
> implementations. If this is OK, I guess I should fix the other
> implementations.

Committed, after Philip gave permission on irc.

I do wonder if maybe this logic should be in one place rather than
reimplemented with much the same code several times. In fact, I don't
see why these even need to be vfuncs. But I guess we have no way to have
a base implementation for a GInterface.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com