RE: Snowy appliance in the makings

Hey,

[Ed. I subscribed to the list late, so I apologize that this isn't a
direct reply to the original message.]

> Wow, this should be the very first email for this list! :)

Awesome!  Way to go!

> Anyhow, just wanted to let everyone know that I have started working
> on a snowy software appliance and will have something people can play
> with fairly soon. It will be pre-configured with MySQL and wsgi but
> right now with no users pre-defined. Would someone be willing to
> create a fixture with a few "demo" users and give me the json file?

If someone has time, it should be pretty easy to set up.  Just create a
user, sync a few notes, and when the data in Snowy looks good, just:

python manage.py dumpdata > demo.json

If no one gets to it, I'll take the time this weekend to create some
sample data.  I'd like to commit it into snowy/fixtures/ for unit tests
also, so make sure you don't leak any important passwords or important
data if you do supply a fixture file.

Best,

-Brad