Re: Hello! I got a question on seahorse.

CC'ing the seahorse list

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 8:07 AM, uneex <uneex yandex ru> wrote:
> Hello, Adam. I'm trying to integrate my PKI-enabled environment with the seahorse.
> I got a Aladdin e-token with some X.509-certs on it.
> Usually I'm useing `ssh-add -c -s 0` to add it to my ssh-agent (using openssh-portable with some patches of course).
> It would be nice to itegrate pkcs#11 into GNOME. I can see my certs through the seahorse interface in the third tab (Other Collected Keys).
> So the question is: Is it possible to use this keys from my pkcs#11 token for all standard GNOME cryptography through the seahorse?
>
> I'm useing FreeBSD 7.2-PRERELEASE with 2.24.3 GNOME.
>
> Thank you!
> Best Regards.
> Sergey Varnava.

Seahorse is just the viewer.  If you can see the certs in seahorse,
then they are stored in gnome-keyring.  Maybe Stef has some thoughts
on using stored certs from the pkcs11 store in gnome-keyring.

I do know that pkcs11 support in gkr and seahorse was rather immature
in the 2.24.x releases.  You might want to upgrade seahorse and gkr to
2.26.x.

Cheers,

Adam