Re: sawfish and RandR

Quoting Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com> on Sat, May 14 10:39:

> First understand that a "workspace", or "virtual desktop" in other WMs
> spans over the entire X screen. If you have two screens, a workspace
> includes both. So what you refer to is not workspace.

I messed up the terminology, but I believe you know what I mean.  I don't
want to make windows on the second screen sticky, and I don't want the
workspace to span both screens.  I want to be able to treat the second
screen as a 10th virtual desktop.  The main screen would be a 3x3 grid (#
1-9) and the secondary screen would be #10.

> By the way, Omen, it's also possible in theory to solve the "dead
> space" problem now with Sawfish-1.8. (See Wikipedia "Xinerama" page
> for "dead space".)

I wish I could, but lisp like languages and I just don't get along.  I
admire the power and flexibility of the language and especially the
people who make them sing and dance, but I am not among them.  Until
that changes I'll just keep (gently) prodding the people who have that
ability.

Thanks

--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.