Re: Make panels open above other windows at all times.

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:35:54 +0100
wrote Andrea Vettorello <andrea vettorello gmail com>:

>On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 7:21 AM, HB <cunning plan gmx com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I really like Sawfish and would like to replace OpenBox (WM I'm using
>> now) with it, but the panels aren't shown above all other windows until I
>> click on them.  How do I make the panels stay above all other windows at
>> all times?  I'm using Sawfish in Xfce and the panels are Xfce panels.
>
>If none comes out with a better solution, you can try a quick hack
>using a "match" rule for panels that put them on a different depth
>(depth=2?) than normal windows...

Maybe it is should be better to check if the panel has Window type dock.
To check this run "xwininfo -all" and look if the window type for the
panel is dock like this:
  Window manager hints:
      Client accepts input or input focus: Yes
      Initial state is Normal State
      Displayed on all desktops
      Window type:
          Dock
      Window state:
          Sticky
          Skip Pager

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0