Re: Anybody has anything like this?

Thanks Jeremy. I feel kind of stupid ;)

By the way, these are two nifty commands:

wmctrl

and

xte (part of the xautomation package).

--dmg

 Jeremy> D M German <dmg uvic ca> writes:
 >> I have been creating functions to execute commands to run commands and
 >> call them from keyboard.
 >>
 >> It is getting annoying to have to create one new function for each
 >> command, then attach the function to the keyboard.

 Jeremy> You know you can skip the function and command bits and do the rest in
 Jeremy> one step, right?

 Jeremy> (bind-keys global-keymap
           "H" '(system "foo &")
           "J" '(system "bar &")
           "K" (lambda ()
                 (more (complicated stuff))))

 Jeremy> (note the quoting)

 >> Does anybody have a module that uses some sort of configuration (a
 >> list of commands or reads them from a file) and then can each of them
 >> attached to a keyboard shortcut?

 Jeremy> I don't know of such a thing.

 Jeremy> --
 Jeremy> Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca