Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sawfish 1.6.1 "Astral". : sawfish restart bugs, short report.

Teika Kazura said:     (by the date of Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:22:41 +0900 (JST))

> Hi, thank you for your reply.
>
> The 'big enough viewport' test ... errr, don't do it yourself, since
> there *are* several annoying points if you make the

heh, I'm afraid to find them now ;)

> viewport-dimensions big enough. Ok, Janek, you're right, so it's not
> Xinerama itself.
>
> Now I doubt type conversion somewhere.  Since librep integer is 30
> bits or 62 bits, it must be C, but this time I carefully confirmed C
> function find-head() is ok.  So it's somewhere else.

So, to be sure - you successfully reproduced this bug?

I wonder if at some point I will find this bug annoying enough to fix
it myself ;)

I suppose that some kind of workaround is possible - a boundary check
inside window move function. Although, sometimes I am moving windows
that are outside my current viewport, and I am doing it legally and on
purpose....