Re: Overriding installed lisp code from home directory?

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 07:23:16 -0700, sand blarg net wrote:
> Rafal Kolanski writes:
>> Basically, I want ~/.sawfish/lisp/wm/placement/smart.pl to override
>> /usr/share/sawfish/1.3.5.2/lisp/sawfish/wm/placement/smart.jl when
>> sawfish loads.
>
> [...]Then put your custom file in
>
>   ~/.sawfish/lisp/sawfish/wm/placement/smart.pl
>
> and restart Sawfish using the 'restart' command

Basically it does, but *will not for some files*. I guess it's ok for
smart.jl.  You can make sure that your one is loaded, by adding
 (format standard-error "Mine loaded.\n")
Before last ")" in that file. It prints to the standard error.

Or, you can load it from the rc file, with (load "/absol/path/smart").

If you compile from the latest git source, then the override works
for all files. (It was added by a nice guy called "Teika" :)

I'd really appreciate it a lot if you could write this on the wiki.
Depending on the distributions (Deb***?), it may take long until that
version (1.6.3) is shipped.

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)