Re: A small fix for smart placement

On Saturday 10 April 2010 16:42:14 Rafal Kolanski wrote:
> Also, I would like to ask, what is the official stance on how wide a
> tab is in sawfish sources?

Tab stops are every 8 characters, as has been the de facto industry
standard for a few decades now.  It is of course different from the
block indentation step.

> When I set it to 2, it doesn't look right, but also at 3 and 4, as
> some lines have spaces, some lines tabs, some have both.

I do not recall if we have a policy whether tabs or spaces should be
preferred in indentation.  Old code tends to use tabs, but generally
tabs are a nuisance.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>