Re: [RFC] search word with sdcv

On 9/1/09, Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com> wrote:
> Hi, Lei.
>
> Well, as you doubted, what you seek seems like that it should be
> features provided by sdcv itself. Of course sawfish can bind commands,
> so you can polish interactions with softwares.
Actually, sdcv is a console version of stardict which has this
feature. I just don't like its appearance, so try to add this feature
to sdcv. Thanks to your reply, now I know where to find it.

> And if you're about to implement things (please do so, that's the very
> source of free/open software :), it'll be better to ask at sdcv and X
> programming forums. (Sorry, I don't know X, well, not good at lisp,
> either.)
I'll put this thing into my todo list. I'm a new programmer, still in
trying-to-konw stage, but i will read it first.
And, you ARE good at lisp for me, ;)

>> For example, if I spelt a wrong word, sdcv can guess and
>> list some suggestion, but i found it's hard to implement.
>
> Again, sdcv should provide proper APIs.
>
> Regards,
> Teika (Teika kazura)

Thanks for your help, Teika.