Re: [VOTE] expand-window Vs maximize-fill-window

Am Freitag, den 09.10.2009, 19:42 +0200 schrieb Janek Kozicki:
> Christopher Roy Bratusek said:     (by the date of Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:44:33 +0200)
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > sawfish has an expand function, which is called maximize-fill-window,
> > but there's no oposite to that, so I added (locally) contract-window,
> > which is based on shrink-window-*. Now the Question is, what do you like
> > better:
> >
> > a) replace maximize-fill-window by grow-window-* based expand-window
> > b) add maximize-unfill-window (ugly name I know)
>
> the alphabetic list of bindings makes it easier to find the right
> one. That is because this list isn't grouped into any categories.
>
> Therefore I prefer the ugly name maximize-unfill-window or maybe
> maximize-contract-window ?

Uhmm, well I didn't mean the name, more the implementation, but I guess
I didn't write exactly enough. Forget about a). Should we get
expand-window as non-maximization-based expand and should we only rely
on contract-window or implement a second maximize-unfill-window. And
have a two pairs.