Re: NEWS on 1.6.0, crash fix... semi-fix (if you create and quickly delete a window sawfish will segfault)

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 16:27:48 Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> I tried about 25 times with your patch applied, and sawfish did not
> crash.

My approach there is not mutually exclusive with Janek's, which
consisted of adding more error checking to add_window.  To test my patch
one should try to trip Sawfish on errors as hard as possible, so it is
best not to add any error checking before gaining reasonable confidence
that my patch works.  However, eventually some more intermediate error
checking in add_window would perhaps be good, although not quite as much
as in Janek's patch should be necessary.

> So I merged with timo/race branch (and btw with some others of
> your branches, too).

Hm, ok, I suppose.  Some of those other branches were work in progress,
or more realistically work without much recent progress.  For instance
the mouse branch just removes badly implemented support for more than
five mouse buttons, but I have not had time to think about a better
implementation.  But those branches should be fairly stable.

One thing went wrong though: you should have merged focus-revert instead
of kde-menu-focus.  Now you actually cancelled the changes in
transient.jl of commit a2117caef, where focus-revert was merged
manually.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>