Re: Planning add-window-matcher extension

Am Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:43:16 +0900 (JST)
schrieb Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com>:

> Hi. In order to make keymap-trans support saner, I'm planning
> an extension for add/remove-window-matcher functions.
>
> Currently, the usage is:
>
> (add-window-matcher 'WM_NAME "^Terminal$"
>         '( new-viewport . t )
>         '( fullscreen . t ) )
> (From Chris' rc.)
>
> What I plan is:
> (add-window-matcher
>   '((WM_NAME "^Terminal$")
>     (WM_CLASS "SuperSpecialUser"))
>       properties... )
>
> The old grammar remains supported, too, and it's documented that
> there's the spec change.
>
> It may break feature freeze, but it's tiny, bug-free by nature, so
> must be ok.

If the old one remains valid and the new one is working, you'll get my
O.K. (and feature freeze starts on fourth December (Janeck voted for
20th Nov, but you and me for the 4th, no one else did vote), so you
still got some time)

Either way, I like the idea of having different types/windows matched
that easily, my solution (add-screenlets-matcher wrapper) is already
much less work than the default one, but this would be even better.

Chris